Friday, September 24, 2010

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


My ideal heaven would smell constantly of either fresh clean laundry or freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. If there is only thing that can beat the smell of a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie, it is EATING a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie right after it has come out of the oven.

So since I am a sucker for freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, I bake them frequently. My go to recipe comes from of course...CL! Knowing it is from CL makes me feel less guilty about eating a million cookies when I am baking..and besides they taste absolutely terrific!

Here is the recipe from CL.

2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 large egg whites*
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees


Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stir with whisk.


Combine sugars and butters in large bowl. (I am old school and do this with a wooden spoon, you can use a mixer if you like but I like to cream butter and sugars with a spoon so that everything is blended in nice and evenly)


Add vanilla and egg whites; beat one minute.





Add flour mixture and chips, beat until blended. With this recipe, I find that the dough turns out a little dry, so if it is too crumbly, I add a little bit of water to the mix.





Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 9 minutes. I like my cookies just a tad underbaked, the recipe calls for 10 mins but I usually pull them out around the
8-9 minute mark so they are extra gooey!


*It is a good rule of thumb to have the eggs and butter at room temp before baking. I always forget this! Also if you don't have enough eggs, you can always just use one egg in place of two egg whites. One egg yolk isn't going to break the diet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment