Monday, September 20, 2010

Quick Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti

My friend Richa, who is a vegetarian, was coming over for dinner one night so I wanted to make a vegetarian pasta dish. I love cherry tomatoes and goat cheese so this recipe from CL seemed perfect! Plus the recipe takes at most a half hour to prepare and cook so it's a great recipe for a weeknight when you want a quick and delicious dinner!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1988535

The recipe calls for roasting a pint of tomatoes for at least 10-12 minutes in the oven, or until the tomatoes look slight charred. I placed the tomatoes in the oven while I was waiting for the pasta to cook and they both were done in about 10-12 minutes.



The recipe calls for both flat leaf parsely and basil but I didn't really want to pick up parsely so instead of adding flat leave parsley, I just added more basil. For my goat cheese I picked a small log of tomato basil goat cheese so it would add more flavor to the pasta.

I added the goat cheese while the pasta was still in the pot and was still hot, so the goat cheese melted. It is not as pretty as the picture in the link but it still tasted great! In my opinion it was even better since there was more goat cheese flavor! Just make sure you combine the pasta with the goat cheese so it evenly coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment