Friday, September 17, 2010

A Post in Honor to My Bro's Two Fav places in Chicago

My brother used to live in Chicago, and at the beginning of the year, he relocated to Washington, DC. I was hoping he would get there, really hate it, and want to come back to Chicago, but he actually really seems to like it out there. :( So now DC is on my list for regular places to visit. My first visit there will be when we go in for our DC marathon.

There are two restaurants in Chicago that when I go there, I always think of my brother. We used to frequent these restaurants together for our brother/sister meals :)

My Uncle came in town a couple weekends ago and the last time he came, we brought him to one of my bro's fav places, Tank Noodle. After our dinner there, he asked if we could come back the next day. I thought he was kidding, he wasn't...and we went back the next day. This weekend, we also went there again twice!

Tank Noodle is located in the North side of Chicago, off the Argyle red line stop. I discovered this place several years ago, not too long after they had opened and there, I had my first hot steaming flavorful bowl of beef pho. After your first sip of this broth, you can feel it warming your insides and this sensation makes you feel like you have just gotten inside your warm house after being outdoors in the freezing cold and you were just enveloped with a warm and fuzzy blanket.




The spring roll is my favorite appetizer at Tank. Succulent shrimp, fatty thinly sliced pork, cilantro, vermicilli noodles and basil make this roll super refreshing. Plus I love that peanutty plum sauce it is served with!

Then the next night we went to Glenn's Diner. Located right across from the Montrose stop, and at first glance, this place does not look like it could serve seafood. My bro took me here for my first all you can eat crab leg dinners on Tuesday night. Shockingly enough, not only is it pretty nice inside (it reminds you of the oyster/seafood joints in Maine, but the service is great, and they keep the crab legs coming out nice and hot! Warning, these crab legs are sharp so your hands will feel a little numb after opening a couple of these.

Since we were there on a Saturday night, they did not have the all you can eat crab legs but my uncle got an order of crab legs and I ordered the seafood Choppino.
It was not a bad dish but definitely not as good as their crab legs!

I am telling my bro that when I come to visit DC, he will need to take me to a great crab place out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment