Thursday, September 9, 2010

Whiskey Porkchops and Manchego Mashed Potatoes



My BF loves whiskey so I decided to try my hand in making the one bowl whiskey porkchops from CL. (recipe is listed below)


http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=223212

Here are my thoughts on the porkchops:
I added almost one whole cup of whiskey after reading the reviews that there was not enough whiskey flavor. I put it in the oven, then did the sour cream mixture and poured that into the pan afterwards. I used thick bone in pork chops and only baked it for half a hour since I was also worried the pork chops would dry out. If I had to do it over again, I would use a little more whiskey since my BF also mentioned he did not taste any whiskey and I would go a little lighter on the sour cream. I would also bake it for the full hour as it needed that full hour for the meat to get tender.

Now my favorite part of the meal were the Manchego cheese mashed potatoes. I love Manchego cheese! I found the recipe on food network from Rachel Ray. I halved the recipe and it still made a ton of potatoes! Manchego cheese can be hard to find, luckily I found it at my local grocery store so perhaps it is starting to catch on. It is a bit pricey but totally worth it!

Manchego Cheese Mashed Potatoes

1 lb baby red skinned potatoes
salt
2 TBSP butter, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 cup shredded Manchego cheese
Black pepper

Cook potatoes in boiling water until soft. Drain and add potatoes back into the pot. Mash potatoes (I left the skin on), add butter, cheese, and black pepper and there you have it! It makes excellent leftovers the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment