Tuesday, October 5, 2010

STL! Toasted Rav and The Cupcake Cakery!


I am from St. Louis, the city best known for the "Arch" and the "Cardinals".

St. Louis is also home of toasted ravioli. For those of you who never had the pleasure of having this deep fried appetizer, it is basically a ravioli, coated in bread crumbs and deep fried. There is usually ground beef in the raviolis. Then you dunk this ravioli into marinara sauce. Growing up, these were always a staple in our freezer at home and my brother and I would make them for a quick snack after school.

If you are interested in learning more about deep fried ravioli, I have included the wiki link here! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toasted_ravioli


I was also happy to discover that the cupcake trend has started in St. Louis. In fact, I think the Cupcake Cakery in St. Louis could rival Sprinkles' cupcake base. I found the actual cupcake to be very moist and soft. Even after a day in the fridge, the cupcake still maintained its' taste and moisture. My family also agreed that the base was really good. However, we all found the icing lacked flavor and creaminess. We all scraped the icing off our cupcakes and just ate the cake part. I guess you could say that we ate reduced fat cupcakes then. Ha ha ha.


This was the pumpkin cupcake. Yummy cake part, but the icing was cinnamon sugar which did not go with pumpkin cake. Also the cinnamon sugar gave the icing a weird texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment