Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Stuffed Poblano Peppers


I decided to make some stuffed peppers using poblano peppers.  I had never cooked with poblano peppers before so I was a little nervous for the outcome.  I read through several different stuffed poblano pepper recipes and just decided to do the following.

Ingredients:

4 poblano peppers
2 hot turkey links
1/2 box mushrooms
2 small yellow peppers (any will do)
1/2 onion diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic salt
3/4 cup shredded cheese

One of the recipes I read, it gave instructions to cut a slit in the poblano pepper from the stem to the bottom of the pepper.  Place the poblano peppers under the broiler until the skin turns black.  Make sure to check on the pepper every few minutes and turn the peppers so that all sides have exposure to the broiler.  Then afterwards, let the peppers cool, peel off the outside side and turn the pepper inside out to remove the seeds.  This part took much longer than I thought and was quite annoying since the peppers were pretty fragile.  Next time I think I would try to deseed the peppers before I broil them.
While the peppers were broiling, I cooked the turkey sausage.  (Take the meat out of the casing before cooking)



After the sausage was done cooking, I moved it onto a plate with a paper towel.  Then I cooked the veggies.  Once the veggies are cooked, add back in the sausage and can of diced tomatoes.
 Stuff peppers with the sausage filling.  Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese has melted.  These also make great leftovers!



No comments:

Post a Comment