Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Butternut squash veggie chili

Veggie chili is my go to dish when I have a lot of veggies handy and I want a quick, delicious, and nutritious dinner.

This night I had leftover butternut squash cubes so while I was cutting up all my veggies, I let the cubes roast in the oven for 25 minutes.  

Ingredients I used:
1 zucchinii
1 yellow squash
1 can of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 box mushrooms
2 little orange peppers
1/2 onion diced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp cocoa
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper


After cutting up all of the veggies I threw in the onion to sauté first.
Then I threw in the peppers
Then the zucchini and squash
Then the tomatoes
Now its time for my cute roasted butternut squash cubes
Throw in spices and beans
Let simmer for 5-10 mins
And there you have it...quick easy veggie chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment