Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Meatballs

This is a great recipe to have on hand. It is pretty quick and easy and you can always freeze half of the recipe to use for next time. I combed through many meatball recipes and the following recipe is what I decided to put together after reading through many meatball recipes.

Ingredients

1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
2 TBSP chopped flat leaf parsley
1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
1/3 cup bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic
1/2 onion, diced
1 egg
Dried italian spice mix

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

In a food processor, pulse onion, garlic, and parsley unless everything is finely diced.
In a large bowl, mix meat together with onion mix, bread crumbs, cheese, and egg and spices. Mix together. I found that mixing it all together with my hands works the best.

Form meatballs into balls and place on parchment paper covered cookie. Bake for 15 minutes. Afterwards you can use the meatballs any way you like! In this picture below I put them in BBQ sauce for superbowl meatballs. Also keep in mind that the meatballs will shrink during the cooking process so keep that in mind while shaping your meatballs.

Sorry I have a habit of forgetting to take pictures when I am cooking so here are the pictures that I did remember to take.








No comments:

Post a Comment