Monday, February 11, 2013

Chinese BBQ Roast Pork (Char Siu)

I had a craving for some chinese bbq pork and chinatown was too far away so I decided to spend an afternoon trying to make chinese bbq pork. I called my parents for advice and you know parents, they don't give exact measurements so naturally I didn't really use exact measurements either.

Ingredients

Pork shoulder
Hoisin sauce
Five spice powder
Dark sauce soy
Chinese cooking wine
White pepper
 

Mix all of the ingredients (after pork shoulder) and use to marinate the meat.


Cut the pork shoulder into four sections and cut into eight long pieces.



The meat should marinate for 2-4 hours.



Once the meat has been marinated, roast pork in a roasting pan in a 400 degree oven. Every 20 minutes, take pork out and reapply sauce. Once the internal temperature of the pork reaches 160 degrees, change oven to broil and broil until outer skin is crispy.


1 comment:

  1. I want to move back in with you and have you make me this meal. :)

    ReplyDelete