Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BBQ Carmelized Onion and Tomato Pizza

I have been loving the fact that I can make my own homemade pizzas. It does take some time to make the dough but it's definitely worth it! One day I decided to make half a caramelized onion pizza, and half tomato pizza. I used the recipe for the Flat bread dough


After the dough has fully risen, I rolled out the dough, and laid it out on parchment paper that had been greased with olive oil and a sprinkling of corn meal. And then the rest is a piece of pizza ;)

I caramelized a whole onion - and on half the pizza, spread BBQ sauce and mozzarella cheese and then sprinkled the caramelized onions on top. On the other half of the pizza I spread tomato sauce on, sprinkled mozzarella cheese and layered some tomatoes on the pizza.

I baked it in a preheated oven set at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. And then poof! You have homemmade pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment