Friday, December 3, 2010

Chicken Satay

We had a dinner party last week and I thought that chicken satay would be a party friendly finger food to have. Who doesn't like chicken satay with peanut butter sauce!

Here is what you need.

Skewers
4 TBSP peanut butter (I used creamy)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup lemon or lime juice (I used lemon)
1 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP curry powder
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
6 skinless boneless chicken breast cut into long strips

For best results, marinate the chicken in the chicken satay sauce overnight.

Before cooking you will need to soak the skewers in water for at least 20 minutes. (That way if you are grilling them, the sticks do not burn)

I grilled half of the chicken skewers on my george foreman and it turned out great. We also put half in the oven since we had so many and needed them to cook quickly but if you have time, I highly recommend the grill.

I also found a peanut sauce that went well with the chicken satays!

PEANUT SAUCE

1/2 cup peanut butter
2 TBSP hoisin sauce
1 TBSP fish sauce or soy sauce
1/4 cup water

I added a bit more peanut butter and water to this recipe but I would recommend tasting the original one first and then adding whatever you think it might need more of!

No comments:

Post a Comment