Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Only have eggs...well... make an omelette!

So coming back from the weekend, I haven't had a chance to go grocery shopping. So all I have in my fridge for lunch is eggs, american cheese, parmesan cheese, an onion, mushrooms, and a green pepper. So I figure why not do an omelette for lunch? It's got your protein (eggs), your dairy (cheese), and your veggies. Plus after eating deep dish Chicago style pizza on both Friday and Saturday night, I have to eat something somewhat healthy!
I dice up a quarter of a green pepper and a quarter of an onion, chop up some mushroom, mince up some garlic and throw it in the skillet. I crack three eggs - two whole eggs, and just keep the eggs whites for the third eggs. In the egg mixture, I pour in a little 2% milk and sprinkle in some pepper and salt.
I take the veggies out, pour in the egg mixture, let it cook for a bit and then throw the veggies on one side of the omelette. On the other side, I put in pieces of cheddar cheese and then flip one of the omelette sides over creating the picture below. Not only was it delicious, it took me ten minutes max to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment