Sunday, July 24, 2011

Curry Chicken Salad

It has been so hot lately that when it comes to making dinner, the thought of sitting down to a hot dinner, well makes my temperature start to rise. So I tried making some curry chicken salad. I read several different recipes and just decided to do the following.

I took two chicken breasts and seasoned them with cumin, chili pepper and garlic salt. I cooked these in a pan until they were done. I then cut the chicken into chunks.


I chopped up half an appple and a couple stalks of celery. (Next time I would use a full apple and a little more celery) Then in a large bowl, I added the following:

1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup of light mayo
2 TBSP curry powder
1 tsp black pepper
chopped apple
chopped celery
1 box of raisins (the travel pack kind, I would also double this amount next time)
chicken



No comments:

Post a Comment