Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cheesy Potatoes

Ok sorry it's a new year and already I have been lazy. Don't worry I have been cooking...but have just been forgetting to take pictures and post about it!

I was going to a dinner party and decided to make some cheesy potatoes for my side.

After looking through over a dozen of cheesy potato recipes I decided to go for this recipe.

Ingredients Needed
2 lb. frozen, cubed hash browns*
1/2 cup butter
1 can cream soup*
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
8 oz. shredded Cheddar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper


I could not find frozen cubed potatoes so I just bought six potatoes, microwaved them for about 4-5 minutes and then cubed them. Note: my potatoes were a little crunchy still so I would microwave them a couple minutes longer if you go this route.

I always think freshly grated cheese tastes better so I grated a block of cheddar cheese for this dish.

I know this looks gross, but to start off the concoction, you put the butter and cream soup (I used condensed cream of chicken soup) into a pot and combine the two. After the butter has melted, take the pot off of the heat, add the cheese, sour cream and milk. Mix all ingredients well and spread into casserole. Bake at 350°F for 1-1 1/2 hours or until bubbly and browned.




No comments:

Post a Comment